Saturday, July 27, 2013

We Go! We Go! Uganda Cranes, we go!

Woo hoo! Football match today! Uganda vs. Tanzania! But first, transport…

Andrew, Kenzie, and I left to hang out with other interns in Kampala this weekend. We left K2 around 8:30AM, got into a matatu in Nabitende, arrived in Iganga around 10/10:30 (an unusually long ride). In town, we got into another matatu headed for Kampala, got dropped off in the outskirts of Uganda’s capital, had to flag down another matatu headed for the center of the city. In the center, we boarded a final matatu that took us back the way we came to the stadium. All in all, I spent 6 hours in transportation to get to the game. But the good news is I finally made it and Uganda won! 3-1 crushing the other team. The crowd went crazy. That night, all of us hung out at a cool bar/club in Centenary Park Garden and spent the night in Kampala.


In the morning, we ventured to a nice café and I had a warm chocolate croissant! Best breakfast food yet. We shopped around and hung out for half of the day. There was a nice craft fair/market across from the hostel and what I like to call the Wal-Supermart where most of us hung out before boarding a coaster back to the villages. The ride back was nice and relaxing. By the time I got back to the house, it was dinner time. Only Isaac was home and we watched Hotel Transylvania on his laptop. Cute movie and it reminded me that I need to watch Despicable Me 2 when I get home! Overall, it was a fun weekend. I even managed to get a jersey! =D