Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Flowers

We had our second hand-washing school visit today. We taught and sang the song to the younger kids while the older ones helped build the tippy taps. I noticed when the younger kids were dismissed from us, the teachers were not calling them back to go back to learning new topics. It made me a little sad to see that the teachers were somewhat unmotivated. It's definitely a hard job with little pay, but it's still surprising and frustrating.

After a long day at the school, we came back for a nice lunch and planned for our malaria education session next week! The regular kids came by, but we didn't play football today to respect the wishes of the old grumpkins Kabaale that lives across the street. So today, we just played cards and had a mini dance party. Oh! I almost forgot, the best thing happened today. One of the younger boys, Guster who is 6, came up and gave me a handful of flowers! It was so adorable I almost cried on the spot. Who's kidding? For those of you who know me, I did cry... and I'm proud of it.